PASSION FOR FOOD SERIES: ONE POT LAMB & RICE BAKE
Our lamb & rice bake is deliciously comforting, nutritious and suitable for the whole family to enjoy. This quick-to-prepare recipe is ideal for those of you who want a nutritious meal without the fuss. An attribute to this recipe is that it is all cooked in one pot, reducing the amount of clean up. This lamb & rice bake is perfect for batch cooking and can be personalized by adding in your favourite vegetables and spices.
- 4 Leg Lamb Chops
- 200g Wholegrain Rice
- 1 Aubergine
- 2 Shallots
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper (from jar/tin)
- 15g Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- Season the lamb chops with smoked paprika & cumin, allow to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop the aubergine, shallots, roasted red pepper and coriander.
- In an oven proof pot/pan, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil at a high heat.
- Add the seasoned lamb chops and brown quickly on both sides.
- Once browned, move to one side and lower the heat of the pot.
- Add the chopped aubergine, shallots, red pepper and stir well to ensure all is coated by the remaining oil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the wholegrain rice and stir through the vegetables.
- After 1-2 minutes, add the stock and stir well.
- Add the lamb chops on top of the rice and veg, cover and bake in oven at 160°C for 20 minutes or until the rice has soaked up all the stock.
- Remove from oven, stir in the coriander and garnish with probiotic yoghurt.