Kepak wins ‘Best in Leinster’ title
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017 – Kepak has scooped a whopping 11 awards at this year’s prestigious Blas na hEireann Irish Food Awards.
Kepak beat off stiff competition from other Irish producers to take home a range of accolades across several distinct categories, including the ‘Best in Leinster’ and ‘Best in Meath’ titles.
Now in its 10th year, Blas na hEireann is the biggest competition for quality Irish produce on the island of Ireland. This year more than 400 finalists competed across 130 categories
Commenting on the achievement, Sean Coffey, CEO Kepak Meat Division, said: “Kepak is extremely proud of its significant award haul at this year’s Blas na hEireann. Blas na hEireann is regularly dubbed the ‘academy awards’ of Irish food and as such, Kepak is honoured to have taken home 11 impressive titles, including ‘Best in Leinster’ and ‘Best in Meath’. This phenomenal achievement demonstrates the quality of the meat Kepak produces and it is extremely gratifying to be recognised for this. As an Irish company and one of Europe’s leading food innovators, it is an honour to be recognised at such a prestigious industry event.”
- Best in Leinster – Butcher Select 8oz Fillet Steak.
- Best in Meath – Butcher Select 8oz Fillet SteakUCC & Priority packaging.
- Best Packaging Awards – Irish Smokey BBQ Pork ribs (SuperValu).
- Chefs Larder, Chefs Choice – Supervalu and Centra Bone-in Beef Rib Roast (Cowboy Steak) (OTC)
- Best Fillet (Gold) – Butcher Select 8oz Fillet Steak
- Lamb (Gold) – Butchers Select French Trimmed Lamb Rack
- Best Fillet (Silver) – Supervalu & Centra peppered beef medallions
- Lamb Prepared (Bronze) – Signature Tastes French trimmed lamb rack topped with a Tuscan style fennel crumb with garlic, thyme and rosemary
- Best Rib-Eye (Bronze) – SuperValu Signature Taste Ribeye Steaks
- Beef Other (Bronze) – SuperValu Hereford Chuck & Brisket 100% Meat Burger (OTC)
- Pork (Bronze) – SuperValu Signature Tastes Hampshire Ribeye Pork Steaks with Smoked Garlic & Herb