Location: Kirkham, UK
Category: Marketing Sales Trading
Terms: Full Time, Permanent
Apply before: 04-05-2018
Primary Function / Why Does the Job Exist?
To develop and manage a team to work cross functionally, championing the use of insight as a category growth driver for Kepak Value Added Division.
• Reports to the EU Business Development & Marketing Director
• Works alongside the Senior Brand Manager, and managing 1-2 direct reports.
• On each retail account to work as a cross functional team with the Account Manager & Brand Marketing as required.
• On foodservice or smaller retail accounts to provide category support as required.
• Work with the Marketing Director and Sales Director to equip them with relevant insights and trend info to help shape commercial strategy
• Data source providers, as required.
• Necessary customer account contacts; Buyers, Category planners, Merchandising, etc.
• Develop broad and deep relationships, based on credibility and trust with key Retail accounts; Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrison’s, & Co-Op.
• Develop and deliver annual category strategy and plans to identify significant category opportunities for key retailers in Ireland and the UK.
• Present compelling category selling stories to shape retailers’ category thinking so that they act upon and implement category recommendations
• Work with NAMs to support key account strategic objectives, including the elevation of Kepak as an innovative and insight driven supplier with key trade decision makers.
• Develop, test and roll out category and shopper marketing strategies that drive main fixture forward across Grocery customers
• Generate insights on the changing structure of grocery markets & continue to investigate how we can develop in the online world.
• Review results of commercial initiatives to determine their effectiveness Vs consumer/shopper objectives.
• Manage the relationship with 3rd party data and Shopper Research agencies as relevant.
• Support Huddersfield business as required with category insight for non retail / foodservice accounts
• Oversee and manage the development of direct reports as part of a high performing team that reflects the cultural values of the organisation.
Preferred Education & Experience:
• Educated to degree level, ideally in marketing, business or statistics
• 3 Years + Category Management/ Commercial experience, within an FMCG environment, ideally food.
• Experience of working with top 5 UK Multiple Grocers is preferred
• A good understanding of Category management principles – understands the triple win approach and demonstrates it in day to day activities.
• Evidence of developing and executing category strategies, tactics and plans with grocery retailers is essential (Range, Promotion, Merchandising, Price).
• Understands key retailer trends within the market, retailer trading processes, systems and ways of working.
• Planning / processes within retail accounts, including experience of the ranging and space planning process.
• Knowledge and experience of using IRI/ Nielsen EPOS data and Kantar/ Scantrack consumer panel data is essential and Dunnhumby is preferred.
• Strong analytical skills & highly numerate with the ability to turn data into actionable strategy and insights.
• Fully computer literate; experienced Excel & PowerPoint in particular.
• A passionate and committed individual with a strong drive for results is required
• Build close collaborative relationships with customer contacts and internal teams.
• Creative and innovative mindset with the ability to both identify and develop areas of opportunity and grow sales within our established categories
• Strong communicator (written & verbal) with excellent Presentation skills
• Ability to work within a fast paced environment
• Pro-activity is an essential characteristic for this role.
• Ability to influence to deliver for the Customer, the Consumer and the shopper
• Commercial/Business/Entrepreneurial flair
• Can-do attitude to drive results.
• Emotional resilience and courage to challenge
• Ability to build open and honest relationships with people of all levels.
• Ability to travel regularly to Ireland and throughout the UK as required will form part of this role.
• Full UK or EU Driving License is Essential.
Kepak is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Note: as with all positions, due to the nature of the business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.